Decisions Decisions on a GPS Unit!

4:52 PM Unknown 0 Comments

Decisions, decisions. Sometimes it is hard to decide which GPS Unit to purchase. I finally took the plunge and purchased a GPS unit. I've been using my Iphone, but using it while Geocaching drained the battery big time. Plus if you got with some tree cover it was horrible on accuracy.

When looking for a paperless Geocaching GPS unit, I went for price, ease of use, battery life, memory, and multi-use (beyond geocaching). I had several choices on hand from the Magellan eXplorist GC Waterproof Geocaching GPS to the Magellan CX0310SGXNA eXplorist 310 Waterproof Hiking GPS and more.

I settled for the Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS.  The price and ease of use based on multiple user reviews on multiple websites made it seem like a feasible choice.  Be on the lookout for a review after I take it on a test drive (hopefully this weekend!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments: